Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
PeterWalen Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Excel Addin and Office 2007

We are using QC 9.2 running on Windows. The company is planning on upgrading to Office 2007, full suite. So, Excel will be upgraded to the 2007 version. According to the documentation we have for QC 9.2, the Excel Addin is compatible with Excel XP, 2000 or 2003. Is the current Excel addin compatible with Excel 2007 or there a another version that is compatible with 2007?

Thanks so much -

Pete
0 Likes
6 Replies
SreeKrishnan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Excel Addin and Office 2007

The excel addin for QC 9.2 supports EXCEL 2007. You may want to try it on a test environment the QC 9.2 Excel addin with Excel 2007 to make sure it works.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Thanks so much. I do plan on exercising a test platform to make sure the addin works. There was just some concern expressed over the supported versions based on the codumentation.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

OK - We had to uninstall the addin, and reinstall it, but it is working fine right now.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Absent Member.

After upgrading to Office 2007, including Excel 2007, I uninstalled the Excel Addin, then reinstalled it. The addin worked fine.

Copying the folder and file from the old Microsoft Office release folder to the new one (as described in the QC Excel Addin Manual) did not gain us anything, so, we reinstalled.

This worked.
0 Likes
L V Prasad Contributor.
Contributor.

hai all,

im using QC 9.0, recently we upgraded the MS Office 03-07.
after this i uninstalled QC Excel add-in and reinstalled the same addins.

but i am not able to get the Export to excel add in Addiin tab.

my colleagues are getting that option, only for me this problem is coming.
wt might be the reason?
can any one guide me how to get dat addin in my machine.
0 Likes
Erodabasi Ataca1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Prasad,
open a new thread
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.