Highlighted
Bill Barghorn Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Excel Export to QC with Call Test Steps

Jump to solution
I have been able to export all my test sets with their test steps to QC9.2 without any issue but for one thing. I am not able to create a call test step to be receated in excel to be exported to QC.

How can you export a call test step? Do I have to manually re-install each called test step for each test set?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. Joe_Forum Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Excel Export to QC with Call Test Steps

Jump to solution
Hi Bill,

There's really no practical way to implement it at this time, and edits made to the Excel macro by customers aren't supported by HP.

Joe

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Hi Bill,

That's been a commonly sought after feature for a long time.

When you create a Step that is a Call To Test it is actually creating a pointer to the Test being called. The pointer is based on the unique ID (ts_test_id) of the Test being Called which is stored in the DS_LINK_TEST column in the DESSTEPS table.

The Excel Addin doesn't address that column when exporting Tests to QC. If it did address that column, you would need to know the unique ID of the Test you want to call.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Joe,

Just for clarification. Unless I know the unique ID (ts_test_id) I would not be able to use the call function in writing a call to test?

So, is there a way to know what the ts_test_id?

Or in short, I am not able to use this function (Call To Test) in excel at this time, correct?

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Hi Bill,

There's really no practical way to implement it at this time, and edits made to the Excel macro by customers aren't supported by HP.

Joe

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thanks Joe...appreciate it!
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Unfortunately this is not currently supported, but at least now I know with the help of Joe Forum
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.