TracyH Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Excel Tracebility Matrix in Requirements Module

The traceability Matrix that you can generate in Excel via the menu option in the requirements module is great. However I would like to modify it to include some additional columns before the Linked tests start of the Requirement Status, Priority etc.

How can we do that?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Mad_Mags Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Excel Tracebility Matrix in Requirements Module

Hi

Configure your Tracability Matrix first. Then when you get the list of Requirements that match your selection criteria you will see additional buttons etc. One of them is columns, so you can select additional columns that you want to extract.

Save as a favourite 🙂

Then when you generate the Excel sheet those additional fields are then available in your pivot table so you can display then in addition to the Test Count - Excel expertise required here

Hope this helps

Thanks

Martin

NOTE : The views expressed here are entirely my own

0 Likes
TracyH Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Excel Tracebility Matrix in Requirements Module

Thanks Mad_Mags.

I see how I can do ths. Is there anyway though I can modify the Code that generates the spreadsheet so that the additional columns are there automatically. I can see how each individual user can change it (like you said if they have some Excel knowledge).

We have a standard Excel spreadsheet that we want to use for all Traceability Matrices so I was hoping to adjust the "template" so nonoe of the end users need to do so.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.