Highlighted
stereo123 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Exporting business requirements into an Excel including the attachments?

In my current project we write and trace business requirements in the HP ALM 11.0. At this stage we have a requirement to pull up the BRD (Business Req Doc) from the ALM itself, in a tabular format, preferably in an excel spreadsheet. However every time I export the requirements, the attachments from the reqs' are missing! The "select columns" function doesn't give us the option to include the attachments.

Any idea how to export the business reqs into an excel sheet including the attachments? Would be great help if anyone can give any points or hinters.

TY,

M-R

0 Likes
2 Replies
Mad_Mags Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Exporting business requirements into an Excel including the attachments?

Hi

Basically, its not possible to directly download the attachments into an Excel export.

You could use a Business View - I have attached two examples - which will tell you whether a particular requirement has Attachments and what the name of the attachment is. You could then write some VBA in your Excel Sheet to retrieve them from the File Repository on the server ( quite a bit of work to achieve )

However, I believe it is possible to include attachments in Project Reports - I will check tonight

Hope this helps

Thanks

Martin

NOTE : The views expressed here are entirely my own

0 Likes
Mad_Mags Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Exporting business requirements into an Excel including the attachments?

HI

I've checked and its not possible. Attachment is not an option

However, I have thought of an alternative option if you have one attachment. Copy the text of the attachment into the Rich Text tab. This is then available to extract

Hope this helps

Thanks

Martin

NOTE : The views expressed here are entirely my own

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.