Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Fatal error preventing ALM 15 installation

Jump to solution

I am trying to install ALM v15 on virtual machine with Windows Server 2019 OS. I have installed Oracle Java 8 update 231(JRE) as a prerequisite but ALM installer is getting closed at very first step with this error and no logs are getting created probably because the installation gets closed at very first step:
Flexeraaw_$aaa: Windows DLL failed to load at Flexeraaw_.af(Unknown Source) at Flexeraaw_.aa(Unknown Source) at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.init(Unknown Source) at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.executeApplication(Unknown Source) at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(Unknown Source) at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(Unknown Source)

Can someone help?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Fatal error preventing ALM 15 installation

Jump to solution

Try verision jdk-8u202-windows-x64, that work for my case

sm

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Try verision jdk-8u202-windows-x64, that work for my case

sm

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Jump to solution

This seems a bug in Installanywhere which ALM uses for installation. As Manfred said, for openjdk, you can try 8u202, and for oracle jdk, you can try 8u211. And you can still upgrade your jdk/jre to the latest after ALM is successfully installed.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

There's a workaround by setting a system environment varaible: 
JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS= "-Dos.name=Windows Server 2016"

For details, please go check our updated installation guide: https://admhelp.microfocus.com/alm/en/15.0-15.0.1/pdfs/Install_Windows.pdf

Search "Windows Server 2019"

Appreciate your feedback!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Jump to solution
This guide was updated very recently. Anyway I used OpenJDK 8 u202 which worked for me
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.