Highlighted
patilrahul2730 Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Fetch the data from results viewer of UFT (like host name, os type etc) and store in QC (USD fields)

Hello Friends,

I want to fetch the data from results viewer of UFT (like host name, os type etc) and store in QC (USD fields).

Please find the attached screenshot which shows the field area which i want to capture in the variables. Is it possible by any sort of utility or UFT feature?

Thanks In Advance,

Rahul

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Fetch the data from results viewer of UFT (like host name, os type etc) and store in QC (USD fie

Hi Rahul,

If you start the UFT test from ALM - see "How to View External Results in ALM" in the Online Help - don't you get exactly that information in the test run attributes?

Regards,

Dirk

0 Likes
patilrahul2730 Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Re: Fetch the data from results viewer of UFT (like host name, os type etc) and store in QC (USD fie

Hello Dirk,

Thanks for your response. Actually i can view the external results in ALM integrated with UFT for e.g. 'Launch Report' icon. But i wanted to grab the details from that report and insert into the user defined fields of the test instances of test lab e.g TC_USER09.

One of the practisioner has suggested to try below:

You can get some of this using Wscript or Powershell, I use Wscript to get the username in one of my scripts:

uName = CreateObject("WScript.Network").UserName

Will check and confirm.

Thanks,

Rahul

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.