Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
shekarls Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Fetching Site users Details to use it under Defect module

Hi All,

I need to know how to get value from Domain Authentication field and use it to populate user defined value in Defect Module.

This value is found under Site Admin -> Site Users as show in image below.

From the below image i need the "OU=" value and store it in a user defined field.

Is this value coming from any System field or do we need to get this is from Database?

Thanks in Advance

0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.. Trudy Claspill Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Fetching Site users Details to use it under Defect module

Use the TDConnection object to access the Customization object. From there drill down through Users property to get the CustomizationUsers object. From there access User property for the specified user to get the CustomizationUser object for that user. Once you have that you can access the DomainAuthentication property of the CustomizationUser object.

Refer to the OTA API reference and the Administrator Guide for details.

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
shekarls Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I tried searching Database tables and i couldnt locate the field Domain Authentication.

I am not sure how to approach Customization User object using a TD connection.

Is there any schema to go through the list of specific tables or column names....

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Trudy Claspill Absent Member..
Absent Member..

The information is not stored in the project databases. It is stored in the Site Admin database, typically named something like qcsiteadmin_db. The product does not include documentation for the Site Admin database schema. You would find the Domain Authentication data in the USERS table in the Site Admin database.

Where are you trying to implement code to get this data? Are you trying to customize a workflow within a project? Are you writing code in some external interface to access the data and update the defects?

If you are trying to customize a workflow you have two choices for how to do this.

- Use the Command object of the TDConnection object to execute a SQL query.
- Use the TDConnection object and drill through the objects as I outlined to get to the lowest level object where you can get the data.

In either case you're going to need to understand how to use the TDConnection object. Information can be found on workflow customization in the Administrator Guide. The OTA API Reference contains all the information about the API and many code examples, though not one for the very specific scenario you have.

If you are working from some external interface your choices are:
- Again, interface to the API to use the TDConnection object to get the data
- Write a query to extract the data.

Where you are implementing the code will also dictate how you use the retrieved data to update your defects.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.