Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Field status requires a value from the corresponding list in Generate Test

I am trying to generate tests from requirements in QC by right-clicking on a requirement and selecting the Generate Test option.

However, on submitting the request, the following error message is thrown Field status requires a value from the corresponding list'. Which list is it talking about? And how do I set a value for status field?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Field status requires a value from the corresponding list in Generate Test

The Status field has a lookup list attached which probably contains values like New and Open.  Your QC Administrator can add aditional values to the list using Customize Project Lists.

The Genenerate Test button should automatically set the Status of the new test to New which should be a valid value.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Field status requires a value from the corresponding list in Generate Test

But this field is in the Details tab, with the value already set in HP QC 10 has no problems, but in HP QC 11, shows me the error message, but the test case is generated without apparent problems.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.