Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Steven Hulse Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Folders hidden from users view

Good day everyone,

I've got an unusual one here, I have one user that when she goes into the requirements module on any project, all of the folders are hidden or not showing. (See attached screen shot) Her specific role has full access to the requirements and I have even granted her TD_Admin level rights just to see but it stays the same. She has also tried this on another users machine where it works for them but her login is still the same there. I've enven uninstalled and re-installed ALM using the ALM Uninstaller and ran CCleaner but no luck.

The options for zooming are not available to her, she can't change any of the views and there are no filters.

This user is the only one that experiences this, it's happened to her before but I can't recal how we resolved it.

(Please NOTE: I blanked out any sensitive data. All of that is fine, she just can get back to a folder level.)

0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.. Trudy Claspill Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Folders hidden from users view

Confirm there is no workflow customization that might be affecting her view.

Try removing the user from the project entirely and re-adding her to the project.

Try removing her account from the Site entirely and re-adding her to the site, then re-adding her to the project. You'll need to make note of all the projects she has access to and her permissions in them before removing her from the Site.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Steven Hulse Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Trudy!

Thanks for responding, I do apologize that i didn't include those troubleshooting steps in the original post but I have checked the workflow and completely removed the user from ALM.

It's just a really odd issue.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

When she tried it on the other users machine, did she do it under that user's Windows login? Otherwise I would recommend deletion of her Windows profile.
Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.