yookd Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Full User Name

Hey guys,

I need SQL query for getting the full user name of a specific person who is responsible for a bug.

EX. if I specified BG_RESPONSIBLE as 'johnd', I need to get John Doe.

Thanks.
Tags (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
stonedinaus Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Full User Name

Try
Select US_FULLNAME from USERS where US_USERNAME = 'johnd'

Of course you will need to build the sql before you execute it in the worklfow to put the BG_RESPONSIBLE value in there
0 Likes
Highlighted
HarmonyB Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I hope I am not hijacking this thread, but I would like to know the answer as well.

I looked in my USERS table and did not see anything in the field for US_FULLNAME. We are using LDAP to import users into QC, is this the reason why the US_FULLNAME field is empty?

If that is the reason, how could the full name be pulled into a report?
Tags (1)
0 Likes
yookd Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you for your responses. I will check out the links that you posted.
0 Likes
HarmonyB Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'd like to see the final query, if possible. I had checked out these links and I am still stuck.

It's the LDAP thing that is getting me, since this is not being stored in the project table (Users) that I can see...
0 Likes
Absent Member.. MACHMAN Absent Member..
Absent Member..

did anybody have solution for this ...i am facing the same problem right now ...

0 Likes
Absent Member.. RoniRobinson Absent Member..
Absent Member..

The full record of the user information including Full Name are stored in the SA.db rather than the project DB's.  You will need to pull this information from there.

0 Likes
alexanderk Absent Member.
Absent Member.

As it was said all users info (full name, email, phone and that kinda of stuff is stored in SA schema)

We do have Users table for each project - but it stores ONLY LOGIN NAMES.

So basically if you'd like to get full name of a user by running SQl query in Excel report this wiil do what you want:

SELECT
project_users.US_USERNAME,
sa_users.FULL_NAME
FROM
USERS project_users
inner join qcsiteadmin_db_ALM_11_50.td.USERS sa_users on sa_users.USER_NAME = project_users.US_USERNAME

If you want to run that from DB client - don''t forget to state owner of a table, and that guy is our td user:

SELECT
project_users.US_USERNAME,
sa_users.FULL_NAME
FROM
td.USERS project_users
inner join qcsiteadmin_db_ALM_11_50.td.USERS sa_users on sa_users.USER_NAME = project_users.US_USERNAME

P.S. Regarding LDAP:

ONCE YOU IMPORT YOUR LDAP USERS - ALL OF THAT USERS ARE CREATED IN SA SCHEMA 🙂

Hope that helps.

If you need to get filtering by BG_responsible aka "Assigned to" - just modify query I gave and add where or join on BUG table, etc. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.