Highlighted
Praveen_ji Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Getting System.__ComObject instead of data while pulling data from HP ALM?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Currently im trying to pull the data from HP ALM by using c#. While pulling the data from ALM some fileds are showing "System.__ComObject" instead of data.

Can anyone help me please...?

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. Tom_Janouskovec Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Getting System.__ComObject instead of data while pulling data from HP ALM?

Jump to solution

Hi.

Try to change casting in your code to:

Runfactory a8 = (Runfactory)test.RunFactory;                         
Run a9 = (Run)test.LastRun;

Br, Tomas

[If my advice solves your issue or query, please mark the thread as solved. Clicking on KUDOS star is the best way how to say thank you.]

[If my advice solves your issue or query, please mark the thread as solved. Clicking on KUDOS star is the best way how to say thank you.]
0 Likes
3 Replies
Honored Contributor.. Ramesh35 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Praveen,

The QC API which you are using in the C# code is COM based. that is why its header showing like "System.__ComObject".

if you expand the System.__ComObject then you wil get all the lists which is you are trying to fetch.

Please debug your code and Quick watch the System_ComObject, you will get everything depend on what QC API Class/interface you are fetching.

Regards,

Ramesh

0 Likes
Praveen_ji Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thank you for reply Ramesh,

My actual requirement  is that want to pull all the fields of TestSet in ALM to my C# application.

But here i failed to retrieve the fields  "Responsible Tester", "Time", "Planned Exec Date","Iterations".

I did fine to retrieve remaing fields .

For better understanding see my code here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24256718/getting-system-comobject-instead-of-data-while-pulling-data-from-hp-alm

Anyone please help me to solve this..

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Tom_Janouskovec Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi.

Try to change casting in your code to:

Runfactory a8 = (Runfactory)test.RunFactory;                         
Run a9 = (Run)test.LastRun;

Br, Tomas

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.