Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Absent Member.. SteelCase Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Getting the following Error when trying to install QC 10 in IE 8/9 on Windows 2008 server 32 Bit

Hi,

Please let me know if you know how to solve this error to be able to install QC 10 successfully.

Thanks.

Following client components were not downloaded successfully:

1 . ExtensibilityAPI.dll :
(Error 5) Access is denied.
Failed to open file for writing

2 . dsoframer.ocx :

3 . VugenTestType.dll :

4 . PerformanceWinHooks.dll :

5 . ExtensibilityAPI.dll :
Cannot load type library

6 . ExtensibilityAPI.dll :
Cannot register type library

7 . dsoframer.ocx :
Cannot load type library

8 . dsoframer.ocx :

9 . VugenTestType.dll :
Cannot load type library

10 . VugenTestType.dll :

11 . PerformanceWinHooks.dll :
Cannot load type library

12 . PerformanceWinHooks.dll :

Close all connections to Server and try again.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Microsoft > Windows Server 2008 to Quality Center Support and News Forum - HP Forums Moderator

Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member..

Re: Getting the following Error when trying to install QC 10 in IE 8/9 on Windows 2008 server 32 Bit

Ive got a new update about this error.. 

I was able to finish succesfully the installation of the missing components by running IE as asministrator.

Now the thing is that when i run IE normally I get the errors above mentioned but when i run IE as administrator again i am able to get to the log in screen. 

Any ideas? 

I will try to ask the IP Support tomorrow to the installation of QC as "Administrator" to see if that solves the issue.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Hanuman_U Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Getting the following Error when trying to install QC 10 in IE 8/9 on Windows 2008 server 32 Bit

This is pretty common thing

The client components need to be registered on your Windows machine,  following are the scenarios

Inorder to get register those components, the userame which you are logged into your machine should have permission on the registry. ( if those components registered once , there will be no problem )

Other wise you have to run IE as Administrator every time.

All this is because of the UAT feature of Windows 7.

If you dont have admin rights, Call your IT guys and ask them to hit the URL by logging with System Administrator credentials.... so that client components get registered and no need to run IE as administrator every time

Regards,
Hanumanth
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

For a Win 7 machine (C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\HP\ALM-Client), a folder gets created under the user profile where these client components are stored. Make sure you have full access to this folder.

Thanks,

Ajith Babu

Clicking the "Kudos star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!

When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Thanks...

They tried this solution and it seems like it is not working. 

This was his answer: 

If I run IE as the administrator I get a sign on screen after I installed the ActiveX controls. However, running IE with my standard user still gives me the same errors.

What they are suggesting is that we should be able to access the site once as the “administrator” and it should load the ActiveX controls for all users. That doesn’t seem to be the case.

In the mean time i have ticked the option to run as administrator by default and it is working. (it is loading a few componets) and then loading.   if you can think in other solution please let me know. (maybe i can install the packages manually? i am not sure why QC has to load them every login? DO you know why? thank a lot for all your help. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.