scorpio1104
Visitor.

HOW TO REPORT A BUG FROM UFT(QTP) TO ALM QC

Hello everyone,

I am still new working with uft and alm qc, in my work i need to report bugs to alm from uft when a test fails, i've been searching and  i found  the OTA  library,  i would like to know if this is the best way to do it or there is a better way, and if you could give me some examples, i would be great.

Thanks

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: HOW TO REPORT A BUG FROM UFT(QTP) TO ALM QC

Hello,

ALM does not have a way to import the bugs of Tests from UFT automatically.

Manually, you could create a bug report in excel of the Test run in UFT and then upload it to ALM with the Excel Add-In.

When you upload the report you will be able to create the defect with the information.

You can download the exce add-in from the link below.

https://marketplace.microfocus.com/appdelivery/content/microsoft-excel-add

0 Likes
scorpio1104
Visitor.

Re: HOW TO REPORT A BUG FROM UFT(QTP) TO ALM QC

Thanks for the answer,

I believe  you don't  understand me .  sorry for my inglish, it's not my native language .

the alm server has  test sets, tests and components. when i run a test from alm it starts UFT,  begins  with the execution of the test,  what i want is that when the test fails the following component with a script creates a bug in alm and associates with the previous test.

is it that posible with OTA library?, because i have been searching and i've found how to create a bug from uft to alm, but i don't know it is posible to have the reference to the previous test to associate with the bug.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.