Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

HP ALM 12.01 doesnt support creating projects with Norwegian characters like ø,æ, å

We first noticed the problem when we tried creating a project called 'uføre'. The project creation failed. When i replace ø with o then it went fine. We use the same database that was used with HP ALM 11.52 so i dont see anything has changed in the database. Creating such projects in HP ALM 11.52 passes fine. Is there some setting in HP ALM 12.01 that must be done to support such characters ?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: HP ALM 12.01 doesnt support creating projects with Norwegian characters like ø,æ, å

I still think this is a database setup issue and probably not a QC issue. Check with you DBA. I am able to create a project called "åäö" in QC 12.01.

But in my experience, using Scandinavian characters in the project names will sooner or later create problems, so I would avoid it if I were you. What you could do is create the project originally without Norwegian characters as "ufore", then after the database has been created try renaming the project "uføre"

Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.