alprad Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HP ALM: Get User Fields in to Excel Reports

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have some User fields setup for Defects in ALM.

I have these setup in Multiple projects. I'm trying to get these User Fields in to an Excel report but I dont see these fields.

Can someone please help to get these User Fields in to the Excel reports ?

Thanks in Advance !

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. Trudy Claspill Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: HP ALM: Get User Fields in to Excel Reports

Jump to solution

The Business Views available to you in Excel are based on the Business Views that have been defined for the project. If you want to make user defined fields available in the Business View in Excel, then you need to modify the Business View in the project.

Log in to the project and navigate to Tools>Customize. In the left pane you should see an option for Business Views. When you select that you get two more panes; one lists the Business Views that are available, and the other lists the details of the currently highlighted business view.

You can either modify an existing Business View or create a new one from this interface.

If you select a Business View in the middle pane, you will notice in the right pane in the tab labeled Query Designer there is a display of the tables that comprise the view.  These tables list the available fields. Fields that have a check mark are the fields you actually have available to you in Excel. You will have to find your user defined field in these table displays and check mark them to make them available in Excel.

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
6 Replies
Highlighted
sandy9108 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Go to Dashbord module.

In Analysis View you can create new excel report by clciking on plus sign, then write appropriate queryto get required user field's values.
Then  Click on Generate button, it will ask you to save the excel sheet on you local machine.

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine , and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.)

{If this post solves or helps to solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.}

{Opinions expressed in my postings are mine, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.}
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

What tool are you using to build the Excel report?

When you see the fields in the Dashboard Excel report builder you have three choices for viewing the fields - User Entities, SQL Entities, or both. Selecting User Entities will show the labels associated to the fields in the UI. Selecting SQL Entities will show the underlying database column name for the field.  Selecting Both with show both.

User Defined fields have column names like <prefix>_USER_##, where <prefix> identifies the table (like BG for Bug/Defect), and ## is a sequential number.

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
alprad Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the responce !

I'm using the Business View Excel Reports.

Can you please be more specific on how to select User defined fields ?

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

The Business Views available to you in Excel are based on the Business Views that have been defined for the project. If you want to make user defined fields available in the Business View in Excel, then you need to modify the Business View in the project.

Log in to the project and navigate to Tools>Customize. In the left pane you should see an option for Business Views. When you select that you get two more panes; one lists the Business Views that are available, and the other lists the details of the currently highlighted business view.

You can either modify an existing Business View or create a new one from this interface.

If you select a Business View in the middle pane, you will notice in the right pane in the tab labeled Query Designer there is a display of the tables that comprise the view.  These tables list the available fields. Fields that have a check mark are the fields you actually have available to you in Excel. You will have to find your user defined field in these table displays and check mark them to make them available in Excel.

alprad Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Awesome !!

Thats solved my problem !!

Than you very much.

0 Likes
SEH
New Member.

Jump to solution

If knowledge search hadn't been down yesterday, your great response would have save me about 2 hours of digging until I found a keyword in one of the guides (user, admin, don't remember which) that told me I needed to begin at the Admin level. Since I have that role, that solved my problem.  I'd been trying to edit in the query directly, knowing the column names I'd assigned to our custom fields.   System didn't like it.  So much easier to know the power in the new Admin module I hadn't explored.

Kudos to you, for sharing the answer.

-Shari
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.