Highlighted
ribalm Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

HP ALM QC access - two LDAP authentication server

Hello, we have two LDAP authentication server in use, let#s call them LDAP #1 and LDAP #2. In Site Admin every single user is assigned to one of the authentication server. All users who are assigned to LDAP #1 have NEVER problems when logging in to HP ALM QC.  Those users who are assigned to LDAP #2 OFTEN (not always but often) have problems. They get the error message
"Failed to login. Please contact system administrator for help. Description: An error happened while connecting to LDAP server. Please try again later."
Waiting 30 minutes for the next try can help. For me it looks like that there is a timeout during the authentication process with LDAP #2.
Is there a way to give the authentication process with LDAP #2 more time before the timeout event is raised?
Thanks for any reply.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: HP ALM QC access - two LDAP autheIntication server

In the LDAP Settings dialog in Site Administration there is Timeout setting. I guess that is what you want.

Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.