Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Itrae
New Member.

HP ALM QC workflow script modify copy/paste

Hi everyone ! 

Here is my question: Is it possible to change the copy paste especially in test plan using workflow script ?

I need to make a script to copy and paste tests from one folder to another but the amount of information is too big to transfer (it seems to be a bug and it was reported to HP but we got no answer). I'm trying to split the information and copy paste them by blocks with acceptable number of information to allow the copy.

I was trying to prevent the regular copy paste events from triggering and make my own but then i would like to call the action multiple times with less information but i can't figure how to call the actions or how to access the copied information. I didn't find either how to get the sourcefolder and destination folder paths.

Do you think it is possible to do it with the workflow script editor or do i have to add regular scripts to alm ? 

Thank you !

0 Likes
1 Reply
BigDaddy0 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: HP ALM QC workflow script modify copy/paste

I don't know how you would get the paths from a copy/paste to do it yourself, but I do know how to block it using workflow.

Under the Common Script, add the following into the ActionCanExecute function.  Perhaps this will point you in a direction that will help.

Function ActionCanExecute(ActionName)
  On Error Resume Next

if ActionName = "TestPlan.Copy" Then
     msgbox "Attempt to Copy blocked by workflow"
     ActionCanExecute = False
  End if

if ActionName = "TestPlanTree.Paste" Then
     msgbox "Attempt to Paste blocked by Workflow"
     ActionCanExecute = False
  End if

On Error GoTo 0
End Function
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.