Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Brause Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

HP ALM REST API components endpoint forbidden

I was experimenting with HP ALM REST and i see that the "domains/{domain}/projects/{project}/components" endpoint always gives me back the response.

{
    "Id": "qccore.operation-forbidden",
    "Title": "Access to this resource has been denied",
    "ExceptionProperties": null,
    "StackTrace": null
}

This problem occures with trail server as well as evaluation standalone server (where i have complete admin rights). All other endpoints like "/tests, /runs ..." work just fine.

My questions are:

1. Is there a way to enable access to this endpoint with an administrator setting?
  2. Is there another way to read out buisness compontes per REST?
0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: HP ALM REST API components endpoint forbidden

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Thanks for the reply, i figured as much than i dont have permissions, but now the question is how can i give said user these permissions. I could not find anything in the site-administrator panel or profile settings. Also the user i used to request the endpoint is the admin account and as far as i can see in user settings he is member of the admin group and has all rights?

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. arichtman Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Any version before 12.60 there is no way to lock API if the user has project access.

That means that as long as user has access to project they can use REST resource.

User may not be able to submit or read everything depending on permission configuration.

Check to see if they can read and create entities through the GUI with that logon.

If they can but only REST is not working-  check Site Configuration parameters to see that OTA_ACCESS_APIKEY_ONLY is not enabled.

If they cannot then you need to customize project permissions until they can.

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

I can create/delete/edit everything the GUI and REST (expect Buisness Components). By now i tried almost everything, but could not get REST to work with "Business Components". Yesterday i tried the OTA win32 approach and it is able to read/write components.

Maybe its not implemented in the REST properly, the endpoint is there but i dont see it on

rest/resource-list                      # endpoint to list all endpoints

I think i will continue working with the OTA from now on and replace the implementation if REST gets an update.

PS. arichtman: I do not have this parameter enabled in my site configuration, also how did you know about the parameter i could not i find it on the list from the internet.
http://bienabee.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/1000188830-hp-alm-site-configuration-parameters

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. arichtman Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

The ALM REST API is still quite new and maturing - I wouldn't be surprised if some functionality was either missing or undocumented - I've had to nut a few things out myself.

Best of luck with your work :)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.