Highlighted
Absent Member.. cocarp2000 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

HP ALM Sychronizer custom adapter for sync between ALM requirements to ALM requirements

I have a need to syncronronize requirements from ALM project A to ALM project B.  For example, you have a product that lives in project A and it integrates with a product that lives in project B.  How do I attach and alert project B that I need this requirement satisfied before I can ship my product.  I looked at the SDK for the synchronizer but am not a Java Developer so most of it was jibberish.  Has anybody done this before or does anybody have any insight? 

• We also looked at libraries and baselines which don't provide true synchronization, more of a manual update and is not condusive for us to utilize.
  • We reached out to Tasktop to see if they have something.  They do but its too much "horsepower" for what we need to accomplish. 
  • We looked at having a centralized req repository where we query on the fly and create hypothetical linakages.  We then pull reports on the linkages which in turn start the conversation that needs to happen. 
  • We also looked at cross quering projects were we could update the backend database on the fly to fill certain fields in and create alerts etc.  

Pretty cool stuff, but everything so far doesnt completely address our need. I am interested to see if anybody has any thoughts. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
2 Replies
Honored Contributor.. machman134 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: HP ALM Sychronizer custom adapter for sync between ALM requirements to ALM requirements

Did you find solution for this issue ? ? 

0 Likes
Absent Member.. cocarp2000 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: HP ALM Sychronizer custom adapter for sync between ALM requirements to ALM requirements

Yes, 

We pleaded with HP R&D to enable this functionality, and it will be delivered in a future release of the ALM Synchronizer.  

If you want, we can have a side conversation and I might be able to talk about our solution over a quick phone call.  Email me at chris at iVi consulting dot com for more info.  

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.