Highlighted
Nick5
Visitor.

HP ALM Synchronizer Description field as HTML i need it as plain text ?

Jump to solution

when irun the syncronisation with the hp syncronizer the description field is coming as HTML any idea how can i change it to plain text ?

email.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Damodar-Reddy Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: HP ALM Synchronizer Description field as HTML i need it as plain text ?

Jump to solution

Nick,

This is the problem i am aware of, once ALM is synched with TFS, with out any inputs, there are the HTML tags in Defects Module, Description in Test plan will have the line spacing issues.

Follow the below: (If you are using Project Customization.)

In customization--> workflow-->script editor-->project scripts-->Defect Module-->Bug New--> on top of this module paste this line.

TDConnection.IgnoreHTMLFormat = TRUE

& Save and see the change.

May be you can see the HTML tags disappeared, but in the mean, can you go to Analysis Module & try to create any Report, this may be blocked, I have reported this to HP, but no standard resolution, all i have to do is to remove that piece of line and this got corrected.

No practical connection seems to be applicable.

Anyhow i am using the Quality Center edition, so may not surely happen in your case. but have an eye..!!

(If this helped, accept as solution )
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
4 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Nick,

This is the problem i am aware of, once ALM is synched with TFS, with out any inputs, there are the HTML tags in Defects Module, Description in Test plan will have the line spacing issues.

Follow the below: (If you are using Project Customization.)

In customization--> workflow-->script editor-->project scripts-->Defect Module-->Bug New--> on top of this module paste this line.

TDConnection.IgnoreHTMLFormat = TRUE

& Save and see the change.

May be you can see the HTML tags disappeared, but in the mean, can you go to Analysis Module & try to create any Report, this may be blocked, I have reported this to HP, but no standard resolution, all i have to do is to remove that piece of line and this got corrected.

No practical connection seems to be applicable.

Anyhow i am using the Quality Center edition, so may not surely happen in your case. but have an eye..!!

(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
Nick5
Visitor.

Jump to solution

thanks for the solution @DAMUS

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

No Problem, Glad if that helped...!!

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Insert ‘QC_MEMO_FILED_AS_HTML’ parameter with value ‘Y’ in Params table of ALM sync DB. solved the issue of the HTML tags.

P.S. This is for the HTML tags causing because of the HP Synch between ALM & TFS.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.