Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Highlighted
dm1986 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HP QC 10 Comments - Add Comments in reverse order

Using QC v10, what's the simplest way to have the "Add Comment" button add a comment to the top of the Comments field instead of the bottom?

I've seen related threads, but they either included adding timestamps and other information or were for a previous version.  If I've overlooked a resolved thread, please post the link here.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.. RoniRobinson Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: HP QC 10 Comments - Add Comments in reverse order

There is no way to simply switch the direction of the comments. You will need to create a new user memo field, copy the existing value out of the Comments field, write the new comments to the comments field, and then move the original comments back.
0 Likes
dm1986 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: HP QC 10 Comments - Add Comments in reverse order

That is more straightforward than some other approaches I've seen.  Can you point me to some sample code I can include in my workflow?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.