Siggi Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HP Quality Center v10.0

QC v10.0: Test Lab module - Testers and Managers want to rename and/or delete Test Sets below the Test Sets tree but receive error message: "The current user lacks permission to make folder changes at this level and higher." even though they have access rights to modify/delete Test Sets under Group Access. 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.. Darla Crisp Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: HP Quality Center v10.0

My experience has shown that users must be a member of only 1 group.  If they are members of more than 1 group the permissions of the more restrictive group are followed.  IF user is in the groups Project Manager AND QA Tester they most likely will only have the permissions of the QA Tester group.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. RoniRobinson Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Are you using the predefined User Groups or are you using groups which were created by an Admin?  The predefined group priviledges cannot be modified.  If the Group Permission indicates that this action is allowed, you may want to check your workflow script to see if there is some custom code which is taking precidence over the original group permissions.

0 Likes
hbhilton11 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

My experience is similar... however I would venture to say that the user has all rights from both groups... but if there is a CONFLICT (such as one group has more restrictive transition rules... a la the "Status" field in the Defects module) THEN the more restrictive permissions are applied.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.