Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
saurav Contributor.
Contributor.

HPE ALM API to add a new item in lookup list for a User Field in Test Instances

Hi,

I have the requirement of adding a new item in the lookup list for a user field umder test instances, please refer the attached images.

I want to automate this process using my tool for that I want to know if there is any API through which I can create any item inside lookup list, or any other possible way to add it.

Best Regards,
Saurav

UserFieldsInTestInstances.PNG

AddItemInLookupList.PNG

Tags (3)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: HPE ALM API to add a new item in lookup list for a User Field in Test Instances

Hi Saurav,

Yes, it's possible to do this in ALM/QC with OTA (not yet with the REST API).

I'm using this code in the GDPR Content Pack in function fktCreateItemALMQC:

Set oProductListRoot = oCustomization.Lists.List(ALMQC_LIST_GDPR_PRODUCTS).RootNode

' Use casting CStr() else we face errors for late binding!
Set oItem = oCustomization.Lists.List(ALMQC_LIST_GDPR_PRODUCTS).RootNode.AddChild(CStr(sName))

You can download the GDPR Content Pack at https://marketplace.microfocus.com/appdelivery/content/gdpr-content-pack to get all the relevant constants / variables.

Regards,

Dirk

0 Likes
saurav Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: HPE ALM API to add a new item in lookup list for a User Field in Test Instances

ErrorInImporting.PNGHi Dirk,

Thanks for the information,

I want to check if we can use GDPR using VB.net programatically. Fom where I can install library which can help me in adding new item in list. I have downloaded GDPR Content Pack from https://marketplace.microfocus.com/appdelivery/content/gdpr-content-pack, but couldn't able to find any library
With excel provided in package, I am not able to understand how my motive of adding item in list would achieved

Thanks and Regards,

Saurav

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Saurav,

If you want to use VB.NET you can take the VBA code from the GDPR Excel - perhaps you must modify it a bit since VB.NET and VBA are a different in some aspects. Nevertheless you need the ALM/QC OTA to access ALM/QC from VB.NET.

The link for your system should be:

http://10.40.92.10:8080/qcbin/TDConnectivity_index.html

If you want to run the GDPR Excel please change the Base URL; it should end with qcbin/ so please remove the start_a.jsp at the end of the link.

Regards,

Dirk

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.