Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

HPQC Oracle database Project Schema password get expires

Hi Experts,

I have been looking for an option where I don’t need to keep password "never expire" for individual schema, do you guys came across such issue before in Oracle Database ? DB team is not ready to set password never expire for all 170 Active Project Users (Schema's) .

Thank you...
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: HPQC Oracle database Project Schema password get expires

Hi,

You can modify the passwords, see the Admin Help> ALM Administrator Guide> Site Administration> Configuring Servers and Parameters> Modifying Database Server Properties

So you could change your passwords on a regular basis and don't need "never expire". But you should be very careful not to miss the date when you have to change the password, else the Oracle DB might kick you and all users out of your ALM system. Happened to more than one site admin in the past...

Cheers,

Dirk

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

I am looking for Project schema password which is getting expired one after other as we have 170 Projects. everytime it expires project wont accessiable and need to contact DBA.

Thank you...
Highlighted
Visitor.

Hello chept,
where you able to solve your problem?
I’m facing the same problem at the moment.
Best regards
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Sometimes the Oracle User account password needs to set to never expire

1、First, to check the user belong to which profile,normal the user belong to ‘default’ group:

SELECT username,PROFILE FROM dba_users;

2、Check the password policy for the profile( for example ‘default’):

SELECT * FROM dba_profiles s WHERE s.profile='DEFAULT' AND resource_name='PASSWORD_LIFE_TIME';

3、Change the password expire period from 180 days to unlimited:

ALTER PROFILE DEFAULT LIMIT PASSWORD_LIFE_TIME UNLIMITED;

4、After the password expire period change, reset the password again if user alerted by ORA-28002 warning message:

$sqlplus / as sysdba
alter user wapgw identified by passowrd;

If you create a user using a profile like this:

CREATE PROFILE my_profile LIMIT PASSWORD_LIFE_TIME30; 
SQL> ALTERUSER scott PROFILE my_profile;

Then you can change the password lifetime like this:

ALTER PROFILE my_profile LIMIT PASSWORD_LIFE_TIME UNLIMITED;
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.