Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Romina Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Handling decimal field in HP ALM 11.00

I want to add new requirements. For this I need to use decimal for a fields named Efforts(days)
When I am tring to insert a decimal value like 0.5 I get the error:"Invalid integer value"
Are decimals permitted in numeric fields in  QC 11.00?
Any update on this? Decimals are allowed when you have a field type as "Number" with QC 11.00 ?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Hanuman_U Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Handling decimal field in HP ALM 11.00

Check if you have proper permission on Apllication data folder.

Error Message sasys Failed to Create QC folders under Application folder.

That means , the user name which you have provided while installing might not have permission on Application  Data  folder.

Regards,
Hanumanth
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. Jan Czajkowski Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

No, number fields can only contain integers. You will have to define the field as String. But it is possible to have workflow code to validate the input to make sure that the user really enters a decimal value.
Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
0 Likes
SonnyR Contributor.
Contributor.

Hello Jan,

I am new to VB Scripting. Can you provide sample code for validating that the input into the string field is either Interger or decimal?

Thank You,

Sonny Ramnarine | I&IT QA Lead, Architecture and Quality Assurance, Ontario Ministry of Education

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. Jan Czajkowski Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

You could do something like this, after saving the field value to a string variable:

If IsNumeric(aValue) Then
   If InStr(aValue, ".") > 0 Then
       MsgBox "Decimal value"
  Else
       MsgBox "Integer value"
  End If
End If
Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.