Highlighted
Absent Member.. KJinAZ Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Help pls: Manual Runner pop up hidden when in a remote session

Jump to solution
I telecommute at least once a week & normally have no problem, but today I'm unable to see the pop up for a Manual Run of a test.

I am on my laptop at home, connected remotely to my desktop PC in the office that is running Windows XP OS, QC v10 running in an IE 7 browser. With a test set displayed I click "Run" to execute a manual run of the highlighted test. The Manual Runner window briefly spashes onscreen before disappearing. It shows as an open window on my status bar but I cannot navigate to it. The right click "Maximize" option is disabled / grayed out. I've checked my monitor status (single monitor), cleared cookies, started a new browser session, tried a different browser (Firefox) I've even done a restart of the remote PC. No joy.

I am able to see other QC pop ups with no problems (i.e. Design Step Editor in Test Plan, Test Instance Properties in Test Lab, Defect details, etc.) Never had this happen before & haven't been able to find anything at HP's site or in these forums. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
KJ
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Joshua S_1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Help pls: Manual Runner pop up hidden when in a remote session

Jump to solution
Is it possible that it thinks you have a second monitor? I have this problem frequently when switching between dual and single screens. A lot of pop-ups open on the 'other screen' that is no longer there. I have to either use Alt+Space+m to get the move option, then use the arrow keys to move it a bit - then if I move the mouse, the window will start moving with the mouse. Or, you can right-click the window on the taskbar and choose move, and do the arrows then mouse the same way. Hope that is your issue.
5 Replies
Rhonda Robinson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
have you tried using CTRL+Tab? This lets you navigate to other open windows.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Yes, thanks, I'm more keyboard oriented so I tried the windows basics first thing. No luck.
0 Likes
Joshua S_1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Is it possible that it thinks you have a second monitor? I have this problem frequently when switching between dual and single screens. A lot of pop-ups open on the 'other screen' that is no longer there. I have to either use Alt+Space+m to get the move option, then use the arrow keys to move it a bit - then if I move the mouse, the window will start moving with the mouse. Or, you can right-click the window on the taskbar and choose move, and do the arrows then mouse the same way. Hope that is your issue.
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Thank you Joshua, I'm in the office today so I can only check it locally at the moment but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the cause even though my settings were in single monitor mode. I wasn't aware of the Alt+space+m option, nor using the arrows to move (I kept trying "Move" with the mouse but nothing happened). Much appreciated.
0 Likes
Suresh6
New Member.

Jump to solution

Hi @Joshua S_1 Thanks a lot. Your suggestion helped. Much appreciated.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.