Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hot to remove the port number 8080 from my ALM URL?

We have upgraded from HP 9.2 tp ALM 11.52.

We were useing the ipaddress of application server temporarily to access the ALM.

Now, we have moved the DNS name - eg - qualitycenter.domain.com to the ipaddress of new applicqation server.

After that, i am able to access the ALM by using - qualitycenter.domain.com:8080/qcbin

I have not done any configuration in IIS or apache. How do i get rid of the port number from the URL.

I also tried opening the port 8080 from firewall settings, but no use.

Quick help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
15 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Hot to remove the port number 8080 from my ALM URL?

Hi Amita_1

Thank you for your question.

You can remove the port 8080 by the steps below:

- Navigate to C:\ProgramData\HP\ALM\server\conf

- Open file jetty.xml by notepad or notepad++

- In line 40 <Set name="port"><Property name="jetty.port" default="8888"/></Set> change default="8888" to default="80"

Thank you and regards,

"HP Support
If you find this or or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance."
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks TungDo

I tried to update the jetty.xml file. But after doing that, my HP ALM servcice fails to start and i get the error - "The HP Application Lifecycle Management service terminated with service-specific error Incorrect function.." in system event logs. I changed the jetty.xml file back to point to 8080 again and the service is now started.

Thus, the solution did not work.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Amita_1

Please check the encoding of jetty.xml file. If the encoding is UFT8, the server will not start. Please chage it to ANSI and try again

Thank you and regards,

"HP Support
If you find this or or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance."
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It may sound silly, but how do i check and update the encoding?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You can open it by notepad++, at the top, you can see the tab encoding 

"HP Support
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

my jetty.xml does not have any endosing defined:

it;s - 

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE Configure PUBLIC "-//Jetty//Configure//EN" "http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/configure.dtd">

Updating with - 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ANSI"?>
<!DOCTYPE Configure PUBLIC "-//Jetty//Configure//EN" "http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/configure.dtd">

again stops the ALM service from starting up.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Please refer to my screenshot for more detail

"HP Support
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

After i change the encoding, the  system automatically changes it back to utf-8 without BOM..!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Please make sure you have full permission then change the encoding to ANSI. If you can not change it, you may need help from your system admin

"HP Support
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Amita,

I don't think you require port "8080" OR "80" if your URL is on HTTP.

try removing the 8080 from your load balancer and give a try, you should be able to access the ALM.

It's not mandatory for the ports to be specified in the Load balancer (Since the Fire walls are already opened)

(If this helped, accept as solution )
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have the administrative rights on server. Everytime i change the encoding to ANSI and close the file, it changes back to UTF automatically when i open the file again

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.