Absent Member.. Wade Walden Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How do I configure what fields are visible in the "New Defect" Window ?

Jump to solution

For the same ALM project, some users see certain fields and while others see all of the fields. I would like to know where to configure this in ALM. Why does the adminstrators see fewer fields than everyone else?

I have ALM 11.52 SP2

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: How do I configure what fields are visible in the "New Defect" Window ?

Jump to solution

Defect field visibility can be controlled through the "Script Generator - Defect Field Customization" and the "Script Generator - Add Defect Field Customization". Both are covered in the ALM Admin guide.

Phil Trostel
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Defect field visibility can be controlled through the "Script Generator - Defect Field Customization" and the "Script Generator - Add Defect Field Customization". Both are covered in the ALM Admin guide.

Phil Trostel
0 Likes
Absent Member.. nataliac Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello,

This behavior depends for the customization of the fields and also the permissions given to the users group. You can check this characteristics in ALM: Go to ALM > Customization > Groups and Permissions

Thanks

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Tarun11 Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

You can write workflow script based on User.IsInGroup("<Group Name>") = True  and then have the field visible true or false. You can do as you wish with the fields.

Tarun

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Wade Walden Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks for all of your responses. Very helpful.  I got what I needed via "Script Generator - Defect Field Customization" and the "Script Generator - Add Defect Field Customization". Both are covered in the ALM Admin guide.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.