How do I point QC SaaS (trial) to point to the QTP (part of ALM trail) not to QTP plug in
The title says it all.
Team of four developers working all week writing tests for UFT Mobile (the QTP part of a UFT trial license). Many automated tests developed. After the fact we decided to include QC, so had HP configure a QC SaaS trial. Now when we use QC it wants to go to the QTP add-in. Not the QTP part of UFT.
I now wonder if we can install the Pefecto Add-in on to our QTP add-in which we put on as part of QC SaaS.
Trying to work around it. Any ideas?
Re: How do I point QC SaaS (trial) to point to the QTP (part of ALM trail) not to QTP plug in
Got it running with this advice from an awesome pre-sales guy at HP:
- Install the Testing Add on
And the patch as well
- In UFT, go to ToolsàoptionsàRunàCheck the checkbox “Allow other HP Products to run tests and components”
- If your windows firewall is enabled try following steps:
- Run Firewall.cpl from the command line. The Windows Firewall dialog box opens.
- Make sure you have opened the Quality Center client at least once on your computer.
Note: The remaining steps in this procedure may be slightly different in different operating systems.
- Click the Exceptions tab.
- Click the Add Program button.
- In the Add a Program dialog box, browse to the location where the Quality Center client is installed and select bp_exec_agent.exe. By default, it is located in: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Mercury Interactive\Quality Center.
- Click OK in the browse dialog box and again in the Add a Program dialog box. The bp_exec_agent.exe item is added to the Programs and Services list in the Windows Firewall dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Windows Firewall dialog box.
- In ALM, go to Test LabàHost ManageràAdd your host (get the same from command prompt of your machine )
- When you are ready to run testàGo to Test LabàSelect your testàHit Run button
- Select Run on Host and choose your host you have added
Got the host id for my machine right clicking on 'Computer' then click 'Properties'.
When got it going yesterday - the one bothersome thing is the QTP window would eventually close when initiate our automated mobile tests from within QC. To fix this and keep the QTP window open was a simple configuration checkbox. Will try to remember to post exactly where when get home from this trip.