ribalm Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

How do I set a users field to be selectable in the Group items list?

Hello,

ALM
Defects
Filter defects
Group
Group items by:

My users field can't be found.
String, 255, None

Is there a possibility in "Project Entities?

Or do I have to set by function in the script?

REGARDS

Labels (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
NEW_ALM12 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: How do I set a users field to be selectable in the Group items list?

User defined String type field cannot be entertained in Group by condition. But, still can set up in filter condition. 

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Thank you, NEW_ALM12,

but I have found an other user field with the same attributes and which occures in the Group items list.
( BG_USER_20, label Rejected )

Couldn' t find something special in the script.

Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. arichtman Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

As far as I know there is no manual control over which fields can and cannot be used for grouping.

I suggest experimenting with the types of user-defined fields until you work out which ones can be grouped.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

@ribalm When you similar attibutes, does that means user defined filed type is String in BG_USER_20? 

Are you saying BG_USER_20 is Strying type UD field, it is visible or availble in Grouping list but other UD field of String type is not availble or visble for Grouping?

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Yes.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

@ribalm Would you be able to post the screen shot of the String type field (_20) that is avaibale for grouping?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.