Absent Member.. Wade Walden Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How much is the increase of disk space and recource when "Enabling Versioning" in ALM?

Jump to solution

I have ALM 11.52 sp2 and will in the new future upgrade to 12.20. In either of the versions, I would like to know what is increase in disk space and resources by "Enabling Versioning". Knowing this will help me to plan disk space, memory, proccesing power. Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: How much is the increase of disk space and recource when "Enabling Versioning" in ALM?

Jump to solution

VC adds some overhead to ALM and will consume disk space at both the database and the repository.

The smart repository can mitigate some of the space consumption on the file system.

We don't have any consumption guidelines because there are too many variables.

The number of automated scripts in the project and the number of users accessing the project, the frequency level at which scripts are checked out and altered, etc.

Best suggestion is to take a baseline measurement of the project before enabling VC.

Then taking measurements at regular intervals and measuring against the baseline measurement and evaluate the delta.

Phil Trostel
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.. nataliac Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: How much is the increase of disk space and recource when "Enabling Versioning" in ALM?

Jump to solution

Hello

To check the system requirements, please take a look this article: https://hpln.hp.com/page/alm-qc-enterprise-technical-specifications#ALM1152

Please let me know if this clarify your doubt.

Thanks.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

VC adds some overhead to ALM and will consume disk space at both the database and the repository.

The smart repository can mitigate some of the space consumption on the file system.

We don't have any consumption guidelines because there are too many variables.

The number of automated scripts in the project and the number of users accessing the project, the frequency level at which scripts are checked out and altered, etc.

Best suggestion is to take a baseline measurement of the project before enabling VC.

Then taking measurements at regular intervals and measuring against the baseline measurement and evaluate the delta.

Phil Trostel
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Wade Walden Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I will do as you advise. Thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.