Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
ALMINFO Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

How to add a custom field for Sub Folder for a particular project in ALM 12.5 in Test plan

Jump to solution

I need to have seperate template at each folder level ,not at project level.

Lets say in details tab I have 10 fields in one folder and i need only fileds in another folder in the same project.

Please let me know if this is possible with Workflow ->Script Editor or any other way.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: How to add a custom field for Sub Folder for a particular project in ALM 12.5 in Test plan

Jump to solution

It is possible. Each folder (SubjectNode) has a Path property that will contain the folder hierarchy from the Subject root down to the folder. And each Test object has a FullPath property. So you can always check the position in the tree and choose which fields you want to display.

Bear in mind however that this could lead to confusing situations, for example when users insert new folders, change folder names or move tests between various folders.

Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
0 Likes
4 Replies
Honored Contributor.. chept Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: How to add a custom field for Sub Folder for a particular project in ALM 12.5 in Test plan

Jump to solution

Hi,

Are you looking for group wise ? for example only Developer must see few fields and only few Tester see few fields ? 

Thank you...
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Actually if I have five sub folders under main functionality,for test cases under each folder should have customized template.

Sub Folder->Test cases-.>Details tab->customized fields

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

It is possible. Each folder (SubjectNode) has a Path property that will contain the folder hierarchy from the Subject root down to the folder. And each Test object has a FullPath property. So you can always check the position in the tree and choose which fields you want to display.

Bear in mind however that this could lead to confusing situations, for example when users insert new folders, change folder names or move tests between various folders.

Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot  I have already tried and its working fine.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.