Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
NEW_ALM12 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

How to alter the ALM Ocatne 12.60 splash page?

Hi Folks, 

I would like to customize the Splash page of ALM Octane 1260 with some sort of customize message. Would it be possible?

Ecample: Thsi below customize is posted by @ in ALM splash page on separate discussion thred. Hope same can be done in ALM Octane. 

Splash.PNG

0 Likes
6 Replies
Trusted Contributor.. Ale_Santamaria Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: How to alter the ALM Ocatne 12.60 splash page?

Hello,

The customization is possible if you can locate the file that contains the information about the Initial screen.

You may contact Micro Focus PSO services and they should be able to customize the tool for you.

KM188446
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

There is no need to manually customize Octane login page. There is a dedicated site parameter called LOGIN_PAGE_NOTICE that allows entering free text in HTML - exactly for this type of use you mentioned. See more at https://admhelp.microfocus.com/octane/en/latest/Online/Content/AdminGuide/params.htm

Also you get much higher chance of getting an answer in Octane forum - https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/ALM-Octane-User-Discussions/bd-p/NGABETAGeneralBetaForum.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

@leobor

this really helped. Thanks much. 

Any one, if you wnat to have a Maintenance banner in ALM Octane log in page, please see note by @leobor. And if you wan to have a baner similar to my below is a code snipet.  Enjoy. 

<font color="red">!!!Maintenance Alert!!!<br/><font color="green">App will be unavilable on <font color="blue">Jan 19, 2019 from 12:00 (Noon) PM to 6:00 PM EST <font color="green">due to regular Server patching cycle. For any concerens please contact <a href="mailto:abc.xyz'@.companycom" target="_blank" > ALM Octane Admin.</

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

@leobor LOGIN_TEXT_NOTICE parameter in Octane helped and was useful while I was doing manual authentication. However, I recently enabled SSO in Octane and found message (text) used in this parameter is useless and or did not work. 

Is there an alternate way to Setup a Splash page while SSO is enabled in Octane?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Once you switch to SSO authentication, you are not shown the regular Octane login screen but rather your IdP authentication screen. Octane just receives confirmation about your validity as a user.

Hence if you want to add any text or links to that screen, please contact your IdP admin to customize the page.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

@leobor I think that would be lot of maintenance work to update IDP each time I  want to setup notification in Octane. But, Is this or can this be done from MF side to show us an example?

We use Siteminder as IDP. I belive MF also tested their SSO authentication in Siteminder.

@Liat Any thoughts on this please? 

I also opened this request in Octane forum. 

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/ALM-Octane-User-Discussions/Octane-splash-page-for-notification-about-maintenance/m-p/2704911#M1160

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.