Highlighted
shekarls Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to capture Change of date in QC

Hi All,

This is in Defect Module.

if user updates date field(ie change the date from the drop down list), then i want to sense that change and update user defined field to "Yes".

i have a sample code which checks if Defect status is "Postponed" and Defect Enviornemnt is ""UAT", then i am setting the

user defined field to "Yes".

Now i  want to include change in date, ie if user chooses different date then how to include that condition here.

<SampleCode>

Sub Defects_Bug_FieldChange(FieldName)
  On Error Resume Next

If Bug_Fields.Field("BG_USER_05").Value = "Postponed" and Bug_Fields.Field("BG_USER_06").Value = "UAT" then
      Bug_Fields.Field("BG_USER_31").Value = "Yes"
   end If

On Error GoTo 0
End Sub

<SampleCode.

Thanks  in Advance

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.. RoniRobinson Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: How to capture Change of date in QC

Assuming that your Date field is BG_User_01, you can simply add this If statement to your current sample code.

If FieldName = "BG_USER_01" then

Bug_Fields.Field("BG_USER_31").Value = "Yes"
end If

0 Likes
shekarls Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to capture Change of date in QC

HI,

thanks for the reply, Just to re-confirm, if a user updates the field BG_User_01 from '01-05-11' to '01-08-11', then would this be set to Yes

Bug_Fields.Field("BG_USER_31").Value = "Yes")

let me try and update here how it goes...

thankU

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.