Highlighted
tschmid Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to change Email-Address of user for email-notifications

Hi,

is it possible to use another email-address for email-notification than that one which is imported from LDAP ?

It seems to be possible to import users from LDAP and after that change the email-address manually of the user, e.g. the user is an external employee and wants to receive emails at his external email-account, but for authentication he has to use the internal LDAP-user-id and password.
Everything works fine with that sending emails manually by HP QC to the user, the email arrives at the external mail-account. But automatically send email notifications seems not to arrive at the changed external email-account !?!

Is it possible to receive automatically created email-notifications at an email-account whichs differs from the LDAP email account ?

Thanks and best regards
Thomas
Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.. john scarpino Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: How to change Email-Address of user for email-notifications

Thomas,

So are you changing the users email address from Sire Admin Users? Make sure that the users email within a given project is reflected with the same email given in Site Admin Users.

I hope this helps.
John Scarpino
0 Likes
Rhonda Robinson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You may also need to check with your IT group regarding the relaying of email messages. If relay is not turned on, you may not be able to send to external addresses.
0 Likes
tschmid Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I wonder about that manual sending defect out of QC to email-adresses outside works fine but email-notifications do not !

I'm able to use QC Email-Function to send defect to User with external-address in user-properties.

Is it possible that auto-mail uses LDAP-user-id instead of email-address shown in Site-Admin to sent email. Is email-address for automail resolved over the LDAP server?
0 Likes
Rhonda Robinson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No, LDAP is not used to retrieve the email address when sending auto mail. The email address on the user record in Site Admin is used.

I am not positive, but I think that the manual Create Mail button utilized your internal email program while the automail uses the QC mail program. Again I would suggest asking about the relaying of messages.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.