jasonsei Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to change QC instance to use file share instead of its local drive?

How to change QC instance to use file share instead of its local drive?

I have tried to share a folder and give it full control permission, and also map it as a disk in the QC server. QC install successfully and create QC demo project on the shared repository, but when i create a project from site administrator after installation, it always alert error that the repository path not found, but it exists actually.

Is there anyone can help me?
Thanks a lot.
0 Likes
5 Replies
jasonsei Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to change QC instance to use file share instead of its local drive?

I attached the error message snapshot. please help.
0 Likes
SreeKrishnan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can you check to see the BASE_REPOSITORY_PATH in your Site admin, Site Config has the valid qc repository path. The folder specified under the path should exists physically on yor QC server or some share
0 Likes
jasonsei Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, i also checked the parameter base_repository_path and it also point to the shared location actually.

One more found, although i installed the QC with the demo project successfully, but i cannot log in the demo project with similiar error message. please see attachment.

Thanks a lot.
0 Likes
SreeKrishnan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jason,

1.check to see the access level of the shared folder and make sure the access level is "Everyone"

2. Make sure that the folder on the base repository path does contain the sa folder that holds all the style sheets, templates, reports ...

3.Make sure the default folder (under your repository folders on the shared does contain the demo project. Look at the dbid.xml file and make sure the path is correct. I would recommend that you remove the demo project from site projects and do a restore with the dbid.xml file from the deafult folder under the repository from the shared drive.

0 Likes
jasonsei Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Krishnan,

Realy appreciate for your attention and help. I solved the issue today.

My experience:
1. Do not use the network map driver path (Z:\SharedRep\repository) as the BASE_REPOSITORY_PATH, instead of using \\IP\SharedRep\repository

2. The user running QC service in the QC server should have full permission on the shared folder.

Jason
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.