Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How to generate report of users list with email address - ALM

Hi,

I'm a new user of HP ALM.

I need to generate an excel report containing the name and email addresses of all users of a project in ALM.

How will I do that?

I tried the excel report query builder but the result displays blank US_MAIL_ADDRESS column from table USERS.

If this cannot be generated on a project level, can the site admin to generate this? How will he/she do that?

Thanks.

P.S. this thread has been moved from Community Feedback & Suggestions to Quality Center Support and News Forum - HP forums moderator

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: How to generate report of users list with email address - ALM

The site admin database will contain the user names and emails of users if that information was included when the user was added to Quality Center.

To get a list of users with email address for a given project we use the following SQL query:

Select u.user_name, u.email

From siteadmin_database.td.users_projects

where p.project_name = 'Project Name'

order by u.user_id

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Adding to what David said...

There are no reporting tools built in to the Site Admin UI that a Site Admin could use to produce the report. You can use a SQL query directly against the site admin database, or you can use the Site Admin API to extract the data.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

You can try the following.

Select
  td.PROJECTS.*,
  td.PROJECTS.PROJECT_NAME As PROJECT_NAME1,
  td.USERS.FULL_NAME,
  td.USERS.EMAIL
From
  td.PROJECTS,
  td.USERS
Where
  td.PROJECTS.PROJECT_NAME = 'ADD_YOUR_PROJECT_DATABASE_NAME_HERE'

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

I have enclosed an excel file including macro that will list username of all users in a project.  It contains a macro 'userlist'.  Rename the file to userlist.xlsm.  You will have to edit the the first five lines of macro to your server info.

Const QC_ADDRESS = "http://servername:port/qcbin/"
Const DOMAIN = "domain_name"
Const PROJECT = "project_name"
Const QCADMINUSR = "username"
Const QCADMINPWD = "password"

You can edit macro in excel 2010 by going selecting  "macros"  select 'ThisWorkbook.UserList'  and 'edit' 

save and run - you will get  a connecting response and then your spread sheet will be populated as below:

User ID     Full Name     Email Address                               Group                                                          Phone

able           Able user      auser@company.com               QATester;Developer;QETester;           425-123-4567

Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

thanks mate for your excel! it works fantastic with ALM 12.53

🙂 

Hodei Urra
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.