Ruchika_Tiwari Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to insert Test Configuration data in HP ALM

I am trying to insert data in Test Configuration tab of Test Plan through OTA APIs.

I referred HP ALM OTA API Reference Guide to look for Interface for inserting Test Configuration data.

Interfaces provided for Test Configuration(eg: ITestConfigFactory,ITestConfig etc) are all deprecated.I can't use them.

However,I am able to create Test Configurations through HP ALM front end.

Need to know the Interface to insert Test Configuration data through API or table/column name in which I can insert using .field() methods.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ruchika

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)

0 Likes
6 Replies
Absent Member.. Trudy Claspill Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: How to insert Test Configuration data in HP ALM

What version of the product are you using?

In the OTA API documentation for v11.0, it indicates that the interfaces for Test Configuration are new, not deprecated. And the documentation for v11.52 also does not indicate they are deprecated.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I am using TestConfigFactory from the workflow in our 11.0 installation here and it works fine.

Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
0 Likes
Ruchika_Tiwari Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Issue is resolved.

Was using older version of OTAClient.dll.

Can find Interfaces for Test Configurations now.

Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
S_Striker Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Good Day all,

I am using ALM 11.52 and would like to have guidance on how to create a test config with parameter actual data using OTA. I am familiar with accessing the DB using SQL but am fairly new to OTA.

Any code examples would be most appreciated.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Tom_Janouskovec Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi S_Striker.

Did you check HP ALM Open Test Architecture Reference, Ver. 11.50? There is a lot of code examples.

Br, Tomas

[If my advice solves your issue or query, please mark the thread as solved. Clicking on KUDOS star is the best way how to say thank you.]
[If my advice solves your issue or query, please mark the thread as solved. Clicking on KUDOS star is the best way how to say thank you.]
0 Likes
AMRIT84 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I need to import and export CSV file from the Test Configuration through macro. Can someone please send me the code.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.