Highlighted
Absent Member.. Marco Neureuthe Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How to "disable" Functions in context menue

Hello,

I am using Quality Center 12. I inserted some workflow scripts. For example I did hide some buttons in the gui.

Now I realized after hiding the "delete"-button in Test Plan, that it is possible to delete a test with a right-click on the test.

Is there any possibillity to hide this function in the context menue?

I know that I am able to modify something in the "candelete" - section. This is not what I wanted to do.

Many Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.. Trudy Claspill Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: How to "disable" Functions in context menue

In the ActionCanExecute workflow you can see if you can capture the name of the Action that is launched when the right-click menu is used, and then block the action from executing.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
Established Member.. Avinash01
Established Member..

Re: How to "disable" Functions in context menue

Hi ,

Your workflow should look like this.

Function ActionCanExecute(ActionName)
On Error Resume Next
if ActionName= "Tests.DeleteTest" then
if Test_Fields.Field("TS_User_01").value =”Delete” then
ActionCanExecute = true
Else
Msgbox “You don’t have enough credentials to perform Delete”
ActionCanExecute = false
Exit function
End if
End if
End function

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Avi.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.