Hanuman_U Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to rearrange the columns in Design steps for all users using workflow scripts

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

I've created two user defined fields in Design steps (ST_USER_01,ST_USER_02).

1. Can we arrange the columns in Design steps using Workflow ? So that by default all user have unique view order.

2. Can we hide any Column (in Design steps ) from the user based on his group

I am on QC-10 , patch Level-29.

Regards,
Hanumanth
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Massimo De Rosa Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to rearrange the columns in Design steps for all users using workflow scripts

Jump to solution

Hi Friend,

I don't suggest you to rearrange cols or hide some of them in the case users are allowed to select columns. You could do this if you hide this options. So hide the Select Columns action and then rearrange cols but I think this could be dangerous.

You can work with COMMON_SETTINGS table also via OTA. This table is very useful. This is an example:

Dim uss

set uss = tdconnection.UserSettings   'in this case uss is the "commonsetting" for the user

'Open category

uss.Open("TheCategory") 'CSET_CATEGORY

'setting the value of the name of the category

uss.Value("NameOfTheCategory") = "ValueYouWantToSet"   'CSET_NAME is like a sub-category

'Post and Refresh the value

uss.Post

uss.Refresh

set uss = Nothing

Ciao,
Massimo.

https://www.motu4qc.it
https://motu4qc-en.jimdo.com
0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: How to rearrange the columns in Design steps for all users using workflow scripts

Jump to solution

Hello Hanuman,

Please see my answers to the questions below.

1. Can we arrange the columns in Design steps using Workflow ? So that by default all user have unique view order.

There is no feature in the workflow to arrange the columns, however each user after they arrange the column according to their preference, the next time he opens the design steps view it will keep the layout he had arranged.

2. Can we hide any Column (in Design steps ) from the user based on his group

Hiding column is also not avaialble. 

Thanks

ken

0 Likes
Hanuman_U Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Kenneth, 

Thank you so much for your reply.

However, I found an alternative for my queries.. Here it goes.

There is a Table called COMMON_SETTINGS which stores the view order of each module for all users.

By using this table I could change the default order for all/specified user in Design Steps of Test Plan Module.

"UPDATE COMMON_SETTINGS SET CSET_VALUE='DS_ATTACHMENT=18,DS_USER_01=100,DS_STEP_NAME=100,DS_DESCRIPTION=200,DS_EXPECTED=200' WHERE CSET_NAME='DESIGN_STEPS_COLUMNS' AND CSET_OWNER='<user ID>'"

I call the above code every time user signed out.

Note: Updating DB Tables direclty is not recommended by HP.

But I could not see any CSET_NAME corresponding to Steps in Test Lab

That means , as of now I could change the view order for Test Plan > Design Steps.  (DS_USER_01,..)

Dont know if we can do the same for Test Lab >Test  Steps. (ST_USER_01,..)

Even we can not change the view order of the Test Steps manually as there is no Arrange columns option for Test Steps.

Regards,
Hanumanth
0 Likes
Massimo De Rosa Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Friend,

I don't suggest you to rearrange cols or hide some of them in the case users are allowed to select columns. You could do this if you hide this options. So hide the Select Columns action and then rearrange cols but I think this could be dangerous.

You can work with COMMON_SETTINGS table also via OTA. This table is very useful. This is an example:

Dim uss

set uss = tdconnection.UserSettings   'in this case uss is the "commonsetting" for the user

'Open category

uss.Open("TheCategory") 'CSET_CATEGORY

'setting the value of the name of the category

uss.Value("NameOfTheCategory") = "ValueYouWantToSet"   'CSET_NAME is like a sub-category

'Post and Refresh the value

uss.Post

uss.Refresh

set uss = Nothing

Ciao,
Massimo.

https://www.motu4qc.it
https://motu4qc-en.jimdo.com
0 Likes
Hanuman_U Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Massimo,

Thank you so much for your suggestion. 

I prefer OTA script then.

Regards,
Hanumanth
0 Likes
Frequent Visitor.. Ivan Carrizales
Frequent Visitor..

Jump to solution

Hello Massimo,

We are currently updating a project in ALM 12.55 patch 3 and added some columns to the Design Steps and would like to rearrange them if hiding them is not something possible, so that the relevant columns are now at the beginning.

This is something I would also like to apply in the Manual Runner.

I looked into the COMMON_SETTINGS table but it has this XML code in it in the 12.55 version.

Do you know what do I have to enter in the OTA code and also in which event to place the code?

Thank you

0 Likes
amossparks
Visitor.

Jump to solution

Thanks for all the help! 

google street view

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.