Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
vinaytptp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to uninstall ALM components from server?

Hi,

Need help/steps to remove ALM 12 components from server , add & remove pgm is nt removing as expected.

V

0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member.. Trudy Claspill Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: How to uninstall ALM components from server?

Are you talking about the full application on the host server, or the client components that are installed when you access the ALM UI through Internet Explorer?

What do you expect to be removed that is not actually being removed?

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
vinaytptp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry for the dealy in my reply.

I mean how to remove Server components installed. 

Just to update, i was able to remove components all my issue has been fixed.

Thanks you.

Vinay

0 Likes
Absent Member.. apetre_ Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How you are able to do it i am facing the same issue.

0 Likes
Pavlo_Voronin Contributor.
Contributor.

facing the same issue.

was uninstalled using addremove programs on the windows server.

then trying to do clean install of the higher version but got the error saying "you already have alm installed"

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Renaming the file in this folder did solve the issue on my server machine: 

C:\Program Files\Zero G Registry

Be careful: If there is other software installed on your server as well you might rather want to edit this file.

Here full notes and description:

1. Kill tray icon (execute from the command line "taskkill.exe /F /IM ALMTrayIcon.exe").
  2. Stop "HP Application Lifecycle Management" service.
  3. Remove deployment directory (the default is C:\ProgramData\HP\ALM)
    1. Pay attention, this directory contain logs, configuration and repository. If you want to preserve them, don't remove the whole directory.
  4. Remove installation directory (the default is C:\Program Files\HP\ALM).

1. Pay attention, this directory contain installation logs. If you want to preserve the logs, don't remove the whole directory.
  5. Remove ALM registration
  6. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Zero G Registry
  7. Open ".com.zerog.registry.xml" file - this file contains information about all products, installed with InstallAnywhere, not only ALM.
  8. Example of the file when only ALM installed Windows-.com.zerog.registry.xml
  9. If the file contains only information about ALM, you may delete the whole file.
  10. If the file contains information about both ALM and other products, remove carefully the sections, related to ALM (product and components).
  11. Remove ALM from Windows registry
  12. Navigate to start -> Run and type "regedit", then press Enter.
  13. Navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HP Application Lifecycle Management" and delete it.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.