Highlighted
BijanR
New Member.

Import TEST from QC10 to QC11

Hi,

I've exported my TESTS from QC10 (TEST PLAN) into an excel file.
All are from type BUSINESS-PROCESS.
Export worked good.
Now I want to import the Excel sheet into QC11 by using the Excel Add-in.

My problem is:
The Excel Add-in says that following fields are mandatory fields
- Depratment
- Step Name (Design Step)
- Subject
- Test Name
but STEP NAME isn't a mandatory field in QC10 and so it's not filled.

I've to map STEP NAME with a field in my Excel sheet, otherwise the import doesn't work.
But when I map STEP NAME with a field in my Excel sheet (doesn't matter which one), the import works and I can see the imported tests.

But I've some errors
- I can't see the test name in the tree view, but the filed TEST NAME is filled (see attachment) for the test
- when I click on an imported test, I get an error message (see attachment)
Solution for the problem:
when I replace in my excel sheet BUSINESS-PROCESS with MANUAL and make then the import, import and tests works fine.

But I need the test type BUSINESS-PROCESS and I don't use STEP NAME.
Any solutions for me???
Please excuse my bad english 😞

0 Likes
2 Replies
BijanR
New Member.

Re: Import TEST from QC10 to QC11

ATTECHMENT

0 Likes
BijanR
New Member.

Re: Import TEST from QC10 to QC11

Some news:

My custom settings for PROJECT ENTITIES are the problem.

I've one entity named TEST STEP and it has one attribute STEP NAME and for this attribute REQUIRED is set on.

Well, I've set the attribute to off, saved my changes (MAJOR CHANGE), logged off from QC11 and started QC11 again.

Then I tried the import my tests via Excel add-in again, but  STEP NAME is still a mandatory field.

So I checked my settings for PROJECT ENTITIES again and STEP NAME is set REQUIRED on again!

I've set the attribute to off, saved, ...

But after a new login (next day) to QC11 the attribute is set ON again.

I've renamed the STEP NAME and set REQUIRED to off, just for a test.

After saving my changes and new login to QC11, the new name was still set but REQUIRED is set on again.

Looks like a bug to me!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.