Rajsekhar Reddy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Inetgrate LDAP users with QUality Center: 10Points

Jump to solution
We are planning to integrate the Quality Center with LDAP settings.

Can any one please provide me any information to be able to do this or any documents if available
There is no such problem without a solution, All you have to do is find the solution.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HarmeetSS Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Inetgrate LDAP users with QUality Center: 10Points

Jump to solution
Hi

In authentication settings, choose "LDAP". This is under site admin. Then provide directory URL.

You can then add users and they will be authenticated against your compnay LAN.

Harmeet
15 Replies
HarmeetSS Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi

In authentication settings, choose "LDAP". This is under site admin. Then provide directory URL.

You can then add users and they will be authenticated against your compnay LAN.

Harmeet
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thanks for the response and I have another question in regards to importing the users and matching up with exsiting users

1. We have 1800 users already using several projects in Quality center

Each of this user uses the below information to logon to Quality center as of now
Username: FirstName Last Name

Passwor: *********
2. Now if I import the users from LDAP these same users have different username than we use now and my question is how can I sync the current username with the LDAP usernames for the same users.

IO am confused if I have to remove all 1800 users and import them from LDAP and re organize them into groups

There is no such problem without a solution, All you have to do is find the solution.
0 Likes
HarmeetSS Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Rajsekhar-

Do not delete the users as it will cause them to lose all favorites and settings. If your LAN id and QC ids are different, you may not be able to import and sync the 2 different IDs unless your QC ids are same as LAN ids. I suggest you contact HP support regarding the synchronization part.
Rhonda Robinson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
First, there is a difference in simply wanting to import the users from LDAP and using LDAP Authentication. Which do you really want?

Either way, you will need to provide the LDAP server credentials in order to connect with the LDAP server. I had to get this information from our IT group.

If you use LDAP authenication, all user login names will have to be found in LDAP. This means that you will be unable to have "pseudo" users such as Guest or Closed.

Yes, you will need to map all of the newly imported users to projects and groups.

Once you have imported the new users, you could do things such as filter the defect list by a specific current user name and then use the Replace option to replace that name with the new name.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Yes I would want to use the LDAP authentication.

But I am really looking for something to be able to sync the current usernames to the LDAP users so that I dont loose the private views and lot more things that were done previously with the old username.

Is there any tool or utility that can be used to map theold username to the new username imported from the LDAP.

I heard about a tool called Rename Utility or something like that
0 Likes
Testing Strateg Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Rajsekhar,

With 1800 QC users, can you please tell me how many and what the make up of your QC licenses are?

How did you determine the number of licenses to satisfy your needs?

Do you track the concurrency of the QC users and if so how?

Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
We havent decided the no of licenses on the first day, We started having the license availablity issues as the several departments in company are implementing the QC for the projects, The management made a decission to purchase the Enterprise wide license to be able to use any no of users within the company.

We do track the license usage on regualr basis from the site administration.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Can you please explain your enterprise license model? Is this an unlimited amount of licenses? 1800 users is a lot of people.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Can you please post your question and may be we can try to answer it out of this.

Actually this is causing my problem to be diverted and unresolved.

Sorry!
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I apologize.

Maybe you can email me:

egress343@gmail.com

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member.. sarfraz khan_1
Established Member..

Jump to solution
Rajsekhar,
Their are 2 ways doing this one is 1.you need to import all the 1800 users from LDAP and then run the rename utility which maps all the existing defects and test cases to the new user id.But this will comsume lot of time as it does one by one user and you need to give the input(i.e. Domain,Project,Old Username & New Username). You can also automate this by QTP where the input to the tool will be given via and excel and status in return will be posted in Excel.

2. When you set the authentication to LDAP,an additional field for all the users in the user properties will be populated(i.e.Domain Authentication).You need to give the Domain Authentication for all the 1800 Users,you can get this from LDAP team or IT team. After doing this you can still use the same User ID which you were using earlier.

We have done the 1st one in our organisation where we had around 4500 Users.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks & Regards,
Sarfraz.
Tags (1)
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Yes, This is the plan I am thinking to implement.

As you said I can develop a script with QTP to Run in th Rename Utility for all users provided in Excel sheet.

So I will have to mention which user should be rename with which new user.

Thanks
Raj
0 Likes
Established Member.. sarfraz khan_1
Established Member..

Jump to solution
Hi,
Yes, you need to give the inputs through excel with the old name and new name.

Thanks & Regards,
Sarfraz.
0 Likes
bansalneha Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I am in the same boat...Where can I find the rename utility. I asked HP support and they said they have none..
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.