enlighter Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Installation of Custom Test Type

After following all the instructions in the Custom Test Type reference manual, I placed the necessary files in the Extensions and CustomTestTypes folder and redeployed HP QC 11 server. After redeployment was done, when I opened ALM Platform, a prompt appeared asking if i want to install "xyz.cab", on clicking yes another prompt appeared asking if i want to install "xyz.dll". After i clicked on yes, the following message came up:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Following client components were not downloaded successfully:

1. xyz.dll:

Cannot register ActiveX server

2.xyz.dll:

Cannot register type library

Close all connections to server and try again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone please tell me why this error is coming up and how to get the test type succesflly registered with quality center?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.