Highlighted
DhirenSingh Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Integration with any Identity Management Product

Hi, 

Can someone help with ideas how HP Quality Center tool can be integrated with any Identity Management tool. Here are couple of options that I thought about 

1. Integration using DLL/ VBS file - Most of the Identity Management apps are UNIX based and using DLL files to call from UNIX system might not work out

2. Rest APIs - I did not found anything related to user profile creations apart from requirements, defects (or other metadata related stuff)

3. LDAP Integration of HP Quality center - This apprioach has 2 unanswered points - a. How can Import process be automated so that profiles are created automatically rather than Admin logging in to do that manually b. How can user profile be de-activated with LDAP approach

4. EXCEL Macro - That is not best of tha approach to execute from remote systems.

Please suggest some options that can be used to manage User Profiles programatically. 

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
ameyjo Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Integration with any Identity Management Product

I would said you should use LDAP integration, the limiations of it :

1. The ldap user must be imported,  or mapped to an ALM user name, that username must be exactly the same as the LDAP userID, so the LDAP autoimport process can find the user id based in the search criteria.

2. The ALM does not create any profile in LDAP, the user must exist in LDAP before being asociated / imported in the ALM users.

3. LDAP users groups cannot be imported in the ALM users.

Please provide with the Identity Tool you have in mind to find more.

Cordially

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution"
0 Likes
DhirenSingh Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Integration with any Identity Management Product

Hi,

Thanks for response.

Couple of follow up questions on that LDAP Approach

1. Is there a way to schedule the Import process to create new ALM user profiles based on LDAP user profiles.

2. How we can deactivate the ALM user profiles using LDAP approach.

We are planning to use Oracle Identity Governance tool to manage the user profiles in HP Quality Center. So based on LDAP approach we can create user profiles in specific tree structure and get them imported into QC to create ALM profiles.

Please let me know your thoughts

Thanks

Dhiren

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.