Highlighted
sandy9108 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is it possible to upload requirements into existing folder of QC using word Add-in?

Is it possible to upload requirements into existing folder of QC using word Add-in?

I am able to upload child requirements under folder(folder created at the same time), but not able to figure out how to upload in a folder or a specific path which is already present in a QC.

I tried google, but no luck.

Can anyone please help me on this asap?  Its very urgent.

{If this post solves or helps to solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.}

{Opinions expressed in my postings are mine, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.}
0 Likes
2 Replies
Established Member.. Will Herrmann
Established Member..

Re: Is it possible to upload requirements into existing folder of QC using word Add-in?

The Excel Macro is much easier for this sort of thing.

You can always import the requirements into ALM via word, and then cut/paste them to their proper home once they are in.

~Have you Read The Felicitous Manual?
~Please hit the KUDOS button if my reply helped resolve your issue.
sandy9108 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Is it possible to upload requirements into existing folder of QC using word Add-in?

Thanks Will for quick turn around 🙂

I am aware of Excel add-in. and i too think its much better option to upload data(scripts/requirements) to QC.

Our project requirement is that data(requirements) should directly get uploded into existing folder of QC using word add-in. We dont want manual cut/paste thing after uploading.

Is there any solution?

I have gone through manual provided by HP. It doesn't contain how to upload into existing folder or any refrence for this.

To summarize : I should propose plan to use Excel add-in for requirement module as well like we do for Test Plan module?

{If this post solves or helps to solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.}

{Opinions expressed in my postings are mine, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.}
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.