sderderian
New Member.

Issue Loading ALM Desktop Client - 12.55

New to Microfocus ALM Community so apologies in advance if this topic has already been addressed.

I have a user that is attempting to launch the ALM Desktop Client.  

I am attaching a screen shot of what the user is experieincing.  

Steps I attempted to remediate:

• Run both IE and Win7 as administrator.
  • Delete files ALM-Client & ALM-Platform Loader 

To no avail.

Any advice as to how to solve will be appreciated.  Thank you.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Honored Contributor.. machinedata Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Issue Loading ALM Desktop Client - 12.55

Is it happening on just the one machine, or several? 

Chances are that there's a problem reading the certificates on the files being downloaded. Check that the user's certificate store has the same certificates as another user who isn't having the problem, could be a difference there.

I recall having a similar issue on Win 7 with an earlier ALM version and it needed to register the capicom.dll file, check the support KB for more informaiton on this to see if it matches your situation.

0 Likes
231Pedro Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Sderian,

You can check this KM's

No digital signature or the publisher is untrusted:

KM01027537

There is also a known one about the certificates:

KM00693462

0 Likes
sderderian
New Member.

Hi 231Pedro

Thanks for the quick reply.

It appears that this is not an option for us - two of the three check boxes are checked and we cannot uncheck them due to our corporate browser policy.

And for whatever reason I cannot access the other KB article that you provided a link for.  

@231Pedro wrote:

Sderian,

You can check this KM's

No digital signature or the publisher is untrusted:

KM01027537

There is also a known one about the certificates:

KM00693462

0 Likes
AdamCyb Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

There were several similar cases reported by internal ALM users to me last year.

Please try steps included in the enclosed procedure.

0 Likes
NEW_ALM12 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

If you still looking for a solution, please look this Orasi suggestion. This may help you. 

Good liuck!

Don't forget to hit KUDOS and accept it as a solution, if it satisfies your need.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.