Highlighted
HeatherP Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LDAP/Active Directory settings for QC 9.2 install

I'm having no luck configuring the LDAP/Active directory settings for the QC 9.2 install....I think the piece I'm not getting correct is the base filter...I'm just taking the (objectClass=*) default??? I'm stuck and can't go any further in this project until I have the users imported. HELP!!!!
Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Renga Muthuraja Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: LDAP/Active Directory settings for QC 9.2 install

From help documentation:

In the Directory base box, type the LDAP directory name.
In the Base filter box, define filter criteria.
To set the default values for the Active Directory, click the Set Default for Active Directory button.
To set the default values for LDAP, click the Set Default for LDAP button.
Choose one of the following options:
To populate optional attributes in Quality Center for each user imported from an LDAP directory, proceed to step 14.
To close the LDAP Import Settings dialog box, click Finish.
To populate optional attributes in Quality Center for each user imported from an LDAP directory, click Advanced. The following dialog box opens.

Here is an actual example:
Directory Base:
OU=Users and Workstations,DC=KFT,DC=Net

Base Filter:
(objectClass=*)

Define the corresponding LDAP field names. Note that User Name is a required field.
Click Finish to close the LDAP Import Settings dialog box.

CLick Next you get LDAP user mapping:
Username: sAMAccountName
Fullname: cn
Description: Description
Email: mail
Phone: Phone number
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Robert J Envine Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi HeatherP,

Just to confirm, have you authenticated against the LDAP?

In the directory provider url box, enter your ldap URL
(e.g. ldap://[server name]:389)

The, select the Simple LDPA authentication type and enter the authentication credentials (e.g authentication principle = administrator@[your company] and the associated password) - you'll probably need to speak with your network team to get this info.

Then Test the connection - if it works, then you should be ok - all the other settings are default and you probably won't need to change them. (I have the same base filter set in my set-up)

Hope this helps,

Rob
0 Likes
HeatherP Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This is great...the thing I wasn't getting was putting the @company.com after my username in the authentification principal. Thanks alot everyone!
0 Likes
HeatherP Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I used the advice of the @company.com after the authenification principal and it was recognized immediately
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.