Highlighted
KungFu2011 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LDAP issue conflicts

Hi,

We are using HPQC 10.0 setup with LDAP facility.

I was trying to create a local account to use for user & role testing. The moment I created local account all LDAP users went down and was unable to access.

I understand from support team that we can not have local & LDAP users at the same time.

Is this limitations of HPQC 10.0  OR do we have both type users facility in HPQC 11/ALM

Please guide.

Thanks,

KF

Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. Venkat457 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: LDAP issue conflicts

I dont think so this feature exists in QC ALM or 11.QC authentication can only be either local or LDAP.

Regards,

Venkat

Venkat
0 Likes
KungFu2011 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Venkat,

what you say on having such features in future ?

-

KF

0 Likes
Absent Member.. RoniRobinson Absent Member..
Absent Member..

This is the reason that my previous company decided not to implement LDAP Authentication - we would lose the ability to have 'pseudo users' such as 'Closed'. We were able to use the LDAP Import functionality for the user names but not enable the LDAP Authentication piece.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.