Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Lab Management Scheduled UFT Test - Host Resolution

Jump to solution

Hi,

Im running scheduled UFT Tests with Lab Management on a specific host.

Unfortunately the resolution of the host is really small and the AUT is not shown completely. Therefore the UFT test fails (some bottons are not visible). 

Is there any way to manipulate the hosts resolution via Lab Management?

Thanks for your input and best regards,

Beate

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Lab Management Scheduled UFT Test - Host Resolution

Jump to solution

Can you login to that HOST directly?

If your test is failing because of the resolution, i guess you can change the display option manually & run the test again.

may be you can laugh...who knows Beate..!!

(If this helped, accept as solution )
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

I don't think you can be able to manage the Host Resolution via Lab Management.

(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Damus,

thanks again for your answer! 

You seem to have a lot of knowledge in this area... 

Do you have any idea how Lab Management is connecting to the host? I guess it is not RDP - because I tried to set the Default Resolution for RDPs and this had no effect.

thanks and best regards,

Beate

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

The communication to a HOST from Lab Management will happen via the Agent Process installed on that machine/host. not by RDP.

I will tell you what i am aware of, In Lab Management, usage of LG, Data Processor, MI-Listener & consider these all are as Hosts & the Firewall ports bi-directional has to be opened internally and the hosts registered in Lab Management will communicate internally via the Agent Process.

The above is from HP Performance Center Perspective..!!

Coming to UFT,  you can change the resolution of any remote HOST (if connection established, Firewall enabled) through the programme directly.

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Can you login to that HOST directly?

If your test is failing because of the resolution, i guess you can change the display option manually & run the test again.

may be you can laugh...who knows Beate..!!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Damos,

Great hint! Indeed I can not login to the host directly - as in on the physical machine!

The host runs in VMware - and on colleague came up with the idea to set the default resolution in VMWare.

That did the trick.

Many thanks for all your help 🙂

best regards

Beate

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Dera UFT Team, I have the same problem

Could you writedown detailed instruction ?

UFT from LAB Managment change RDP screen size

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Jump to solution

Tried to download the VBscript for the resize of the screen. I want to use it as a initial text to all my scripts as we have different size monitors and the test needs to be fluid no matter which machine we connect to. Can you guy reply with eh resize script here? I was unable to download your previous solution file. Currently using Version 15 UFT

Thank you

Jamie

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.